Thursday, January 23, 2014

Successful So Far

I am pleased to announce that I haven't been to Wendy's at all this week.  Nor have I gone to Starbucks.  I have gone to Panera, and got a salad instead of a grilled cheese, tropical hibiscus iced tea instead of pepsi, and I DID NOT eat the bread that comes as a side.  I had enough points to enjoy half a cranberry orange muffin, but didn't eat the entire half because I realized fresh cranberries are not my thing, WAY too tart!  Diet A&W root beer has become my friend, never thought I'd see the day where I'm drinking diet soda and enjoying it.  I have refused the advances of the box of donuts in the nurses' office, and the box of pastries from Panera.  The food whoring has come to a stop.

I have not been able to get myself to the gym this week.  Blame it on cramps, stress from work, feeling sore in my back because of work, class, the fact that is is -20 with windchill right now.  It just hasn't worked out this week for me.  Which I sad about, I want to get back to running, which is so strange to WANT to work out.  But doing it makes me feel good, so, I'm thinking Saturday will be the day. :)

I found out last night another coworker put in her notice at work.  I'm pretty over this constant reworking of our schedule.  At least we just got 2 new girls hired and they are training now, so they should be ready (well, as ready as they can be) by the time the coworker's last day comes around to be on their own.  But it still leaves us with a gap to cover.  Who knows what will happen at this point, I had to request off the weekend before my birthday to be sure I still have it off because otherwise I could be forced to work.  I really hate giving up my weekends off.  Hopefully the schedule will be ready this week sometime, and I can figure out my life.  I only have 2 weekends off in February, one of them is when we planned to celebrate my birthday, my 30th at that.  I'm not giving up that weekend off.  The nature of our facility doesn't allow us to have a large nursing staff to absorb these changes in staffing, so it just sucks when we all have to give up our lives to keep it afloat.

Oh well!

I've not been the rockstar student this week, I feel behind in my classwork.  I'm writing this instead of looking over the lab material for today's lab.  Or showering to get ready in general to go to class.  That is how I plan on spending my Saturday morning, getting caught up on everything.  But the mornings after I work until 11, it is so hard to get moving, because I really enjoy sipping my coffee and just relaxing.  It is how I like to recharge. But I unfortunately do need to get my butt in motion.  Boo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment