Saturday, January 18, 2014

Oh, Weight Watchers....

Please forgive me, but I've been having the naughtiest affair, and neglecting you.  With Fontina Grilled Cheese from Panera, Broccoli cheddar soup from Panera, the Sierra Turkey Sandwich from Panera, paninis from Panera and Corner Bakery, the mac n cheese from Corner Bakery, White Mochas from Starbucks, Mac n cheese from Noodles, Wendy's #1 combo, Pizza on nights we didn't feel like cooking, and loads of holiday goodies and chocolates and cookies, and I'm just ashamed at how long this list is.  Please forgive me, Weight Watchers, I've been kind of a food whore lately.

It started with the craziness that happened at work when we lost a few of our nursing staff, then the holidays hit, then we got sick.  It is totally full of excuses.  The last 3 months has been a load of excuse after excuse.  It is hard to keep going when you have a ton of stress and constant business.  It's really hard to resist the urge to stuff a bunch of chocolate in your mouth really quick when you feel like you are about to die towards the end of your 7am to 11 pm day, and all of your residents are getting sick, or tons of orders are coming in, or their BS coworker drama infiltrating your happiness.  Someone is ALWAYS bringing us something.  Home health or hospice agencies who want us to keep giving them our referrals.  Sometimes it is a god send when you weren't able to take your lunch, sometimes its just an evil temptation that is burning the back of your head when you try to turn the other way to do your charting.

But I stepped on the scale today, and I definitely gained more weight back than I had anticipated.  So, I'm back on the bandwagon.  I did switch from going into meetings to be weighed to just doing it online.  My schedule is so weird sometimes, that I don't want to have that excuse for being bad ("Oh, I can't go to my set weigh in meeting, so I guess I can be bad today and just make it up before the next meeting!")  I can always change back if I find it isn't working for me.  But I bought a WW scale, so I feel more confident in its figures than our Wii Fit.

My work pants have also been snug, and it drives me nuts.  Another reason to get back on the band wagon.  I actually ordered some new work pants from Gap that are the same size as the ones I have now, but given my history with Gap clothes, they probably won't fit just yet.  Which is what I intended.  I want something short term to motivate me.  And cute work pants would be just the ticket.

In other news, I successfully managed to not drop my chemistry class before it even started this time!  I even made it to both lectures and the lab session this week.  I actually could tell I was learning stuff already!  I don't think it will be as bad as I fear it will be.  It is realllllllly weird going to Harper and not taking a nursing program course.  But good news, I was not late to class this week!  Progress, people....I'm making it.

I'm also realllllllly, reallllly, ridiculously excited about going to this painting class with some friends tomorrow before before work.  You can bring your own booze to make mimosas (or just drink OJ), and they walk you through a painting.  I've been dying to go to one since I learned about these places that do this.  So that is going to be fun :)

Today, I am working.  Yet, I'm looking out the window and seeing all this beautiful fluffy snow falling outside, and I just want to stay under my blanket and sip my coffee, and not move from my cozy lil spot all day, but I'll be an adult and go to work. :)


1 comment:

  1. I love your posts - especially this one. We can do it babe! I don't want the doc to be mad at me when I see him for the annual inspection, so I gotta get my butt in gear too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete