Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sick

We're a couple of sick mofos over here.  Da hubs got sick on Sunday, and I was nursing him while I was at work, asking about his symptoms, his fever, telling him what to take and when.  His fever wasn't really responding to Tylenol, so I had him take ibuprofen, which was effective in bringing his temp down finally.  I still made him go to the doctor on Monday, because he was coughing horribly, and his temp just kept coming back.  I'd like to point out I didn't just brush off his symptoms and tell him to suck it up. :)  Of course, Tuesday night, I started having the same symptoms Tuesday night.  And sure enough Wednesday morning it was full blown.  I had to call out of work, and I felt incredibly guilty doing so.  I knew it meant someone else would have to give up a day off or work a double, and I hate doing that to someone.  Normally, I just suck it up the best that I can, but this was not possible this time.   Especially with a fever, I'd feel terrible if my residents came down with this.  I just sleep and take mucinex and hope for the best, they would require chest x-rays and tylenol and cough syrup and possibly antibiotics.  Plus, with my voice practically non-existent, half of them wouldn't even be able to hear me.  Luckily, I have today off, and I hope I can rest up enough to be ok for tomorrow.  I don't have much choice, since I'm working a double. :(

I am also ready for my Chemistry class.  I bought the book for my iPad, which I can't return due to the format, so this class is happening whether I like it or not.  I keep trying to remind myself it is only 5 months of my life, 2 days a week.  I can handle it.  But I just hate chemistry soooooooooooo much.  After this, I can start applying to BSN programs, and do everything online, on my own time.  It won't be such a pain on my schedule.  

Otherwise, it has been too much work and sickness around here for too much excitement to have occurred.  Just trying to baby my voice so I don't lose it completely.  So, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment